Friday, June 21, 2013

I have a Youtube Channel!

So, I don't know if you know this, but I did a big scary thing, and I'm really proud of the results.

For years (and yeah, I mean multiple years) I always said things like "Oh man, one day, I'm going to start making videos that talk about writing and encourage and empower people to be better writers and creators of awesome things." And because I was way too scared to be responsible, I found reasons not to do it.

Sometimes these reasons where rational (for a while, I didn't own a webcam), but mostly they were the chickenshit irrational reasons you make when you're like seven and don't want to eat vegetables. Reasons like "It's raining outside and that's killing my mood" or "I'm a fat ugly troll who no one wants to look at" or "but if I make a video, that's going to consume time that I could otherwise spend staring out the window wishing I was making a video".

Well, things change. And sometimes, you need something big to light a fire under your ass and make you really take stock of things. It's time to grow up, and adhere to the hockey metaphor of "going where the puck is going to be", which is a fancy way of saying that you want to be out in front of the curve and pushing yourself to innovate, make new things and generally not be late to your own party of awesome.

To that end, I made a Youtube channel and you should check it out. I'm still figuring out the bells and whistles, so if you have ANY suggestions on how to improve (or add graphics), PLEASE let me know.

NO, you don't need to include things like "Lose weight" "Go fuck yourself" and "Your a peece of shit", because I already got those covered in hatemail. Would love the positive comments though.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment